Thursday, January 29, 2009

Treading Water

I don't have a job, and school doesn't start until Monday. I spend every day trying to create things to keep me busy. The problem is that I can think of a bizillion things I'd like to do, but most of them can't be done without spending money, and I have to live like the unemployed tightwad that I am right now. Isn't that always the way it works? When I have a job I have money, and I just wish I had more free time. Now I have all the time in the world, but no money. Why can't I just have it all? I was driving home from Costco today, and I started thinking that I should just hitchhike my way to Honduras where my savings will last longer. Forget this schooling business. It's not too late to have all my tuition refunded, and besides, I've always wished that I could speak Spanish. It was a nice thought, and I spent a fair amount of time wondering if it would actually be possible to do such a thing. In the end I had to tell myself that it doesn't matter, because I'm not going. Such a shame, but I guess my responsible side has taken over again... Sometimes I really wish that I were more irresponsible.

1 comment:

Stupid Sexy Flanders said...

I feel like that all the time . . .would gladly trade money for time . . .the problem is . .how much money I would have to trade and I am not willing to give up the future security of "my family" for a little time :-(