Saturday, February 7, 2009

Contaminated

Meredith and I proctored a test again this morning. I noticed while I was watching my testers today that people will do really unsanitary things when they think that no one is watching. I don't know why they assume that no one is paying attention when I'm standing at the front of a classroom staring at them. All the same, I watched a girl reach all the way into her mouth and starting picking food out of her back teeth with her fingernail. I also had a guy in my class who picked his nose, and then made an intent examination of what he had just extracted. There were some other gross things I saw people do, but I don't want to forever taint my blog by typing them up here. Suffice it to say that after staring at people for four straight hours, and watching everything they do makes me want to never shake another hand as long as I live. The worst part was when that person finished their test and I had to go over to collect their materials. There's no way to stop thinking about what sorts of residue are probably all over that stuff. First stop after turning in the tests...the bathroom to wash my hands.

No comments: