Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Our Own Little Pause Ex

I've been wanting to update this with fun trips, and things that we have been doing for months.  The problem is that we haven't been doing any fun things, for months.  We had some fun things planned.  I had a whole list of local attractions I would like to visit in the spring.  We had a trip to Washington DC planned, and a road trip through Texas to San Antonio, but we cancelled everything.  We were forced to when I discovered that we have our number three on the way, and is always the case with me, I have descended into months of morning sickness. It has been worse this time than ever, but thankfully it also seems to be lifting a little bit.  I'm definitely not in the worst of it anymore, but not out of the woods yet either.  Now I'm just praying it doesn't drag out to twenty weeks like what my little Ivan put me through.

So as things have been improving on that front, we decided not to cancel a little weekend trip to Granby with Justin's parents.  Thankfully, I had the best weekend I've had in months.  The evenings were still kind of rough, but the days were great.  So the first day we spent quite a while in the pool, and discovered that Ivan just may be part fish...or at least he would like to be part fish.  After that, and lunch, his parents rented a pontoon boat for a couple of hours to go cruise around Grand Lake.  It was even more fun than I anticipated.  The scenery was great, and the kids loved it. 
Still at the dock.  They had no idea what was happening.

Vivian is Ivan's expert on all things.  She talks, he listens.

All of Granby is very picturesque
The boat was on, but moving slowly.  It didn't matter, she loved it.

Ivan needed to take his turn 
...and another turn


...and another

but all the excitement finally caught up with him
We had other things planned for after the boat outing, but the kids were exceptionally tired, so we decided to call it, and then I was glad, because I was feeling pretty crappy by the time we got back to the timeshare.

The next day we took the kids to the beach of Grand Lake to play in the sand, and then we drove through Rocky Mountain National Park before heading home. 
The sand required a lot of serious play from both he and his sister.
Then onto the park

We left Grandma and Ivan in the car and took a walk to get a look at some elk.

At 12,000 feet

Although Ivan seemed to really enjoy sitting on Grandpa's shoulders, it was hard to watch.  He leans back in kind of a lounging position that makes it seem like he's going to flop out upside down at any minute.

Nothing about this looks comfortable, but my people are lookers.

They're big fans of the grandparents.

This looks inviting.  My feet hurt from the cold after about 2 seconds.

He'll drop my hand in a instant whenever Vivian offers to hold his, and I'm totally fine with that.
It was a great weekend, we had lots of fun, but it just went by a little too fast.  Sunday night Vivian tried to convince Justin that he didn't have to go to work again the next day...and that would have been nice, but he did.  

As for the new baby, Vivian is very excited.  She was too little last time to really grasp what was going on, but she's definitely got a better idea this time and she talks incessantly about how we will have a new baby by Christmas.  She has repeatedly stated that she wants a brother and a sister, but sorry Viv...there's only one in there.  We talked about finding out the gender, but ultimately decided that we still prefer the surprise, so we'll let you know in December!  And hopefully we'll have more chances to get out and do things before then.

No comments: