Sunday, October 13, 2013

What Our Favorite Animals Have Taught us About Each Other

My conversation with Justin last night while laying in bed waiting to fall asleep:
Me: Justin, what's your favorite animal?

Justin: I don't know, what's yours?

Me: Maybe a toad...but I like elephants too.

Justin: I like big cats, especially tigers, Bengal Tigers.  Why are we talking about this?

Me: I think you can tell a lot about someone from this question.  I like toads, because even though they're a little animal that digs around in the mud I think they're cute, and elephants because they're interesting.  So being cute and interesting is important to me.

Justin: I like tigers and big cats because they're powerful. 
...maybe you're right, this is insightful.  I want to be an officer so I can have power, and your content to be just an NCO and dig around in the mud.

Not really the point I was trying to make...