Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Defense Language Institute

At long last I completed my training at Ft. Huachuca and I am now holding under here in Monterey, California at the Defense Language Institute (DLI), waiting for my classes in Russian to start. So far I don't love it here. I have a LOT more freedom here than I ever had at Ft. Huachuca, but the barracks are worse than they were at basic training. I'm back to communal showers which is actually the part that I dislike the most. Fortunately for me, I am getting married next month, and Justin is going to save me from having to live here much longer. Had I known about these barracks in advance I probably would have begged him to marry me over Christmas exodus. Oh well, such is life. My classes don't start until March, so in the meantime I sit around and do nothing for hours on end every day, and daydream a lot in an effort to preserve my sanity.

No comments: